Search This Blog

Friday, February 5, 2010

The lovely Anne Curtis and Her MnM!


I was so excited yesterday to see Anne Curtis wearing her ANNA headpiece from Matthew&Melka. If I'm not mistaken, it is her third time to wear the headpiece on the show SHOWTIME.

A little behind-the-scenes story.

Kris Aquino bought tons of headpieces the first time she asked me to bring samples of my work to ABS-CBN. I was literally stunned because she bought more than a dozen pieces. I was surprised when she told me to segregate the pieces she bought for Anne, Bea etc.

I later learned that she was getting Matthew&Melka not only for herself but gifts for the people close to her as well which I find rather sweet in contrast with her stern and intimidating appearance (More about Miss Kris on my next blog).

Anne on the other hand, wore that multi-colored headpiece on the first day of SHOWTIME. She was also interviewed on SNN referring the headpiece as a lucky charm from Kris Aquino. Well I guess they are not just the lucky ones! It created minions of MnM followers and helped propel MnM as a serious designer headpiece brand in the country.

So yesterday, I tweeted Anne and thanked her for wearing the headpiece yet again. And she replied with this " Hi! I wore it again in Showtime! It was given to me by Ate Kris as a gift. If you have other designs, I'd love to see them!"

I almost died and went to heaven! I texted Mariel R. and told her the news. She was so kind and excited for me that she even offered to accompany me to Anne next week! She even confided to me that I shouldn't worry coz "Anne is so nice and kind, she doesn't have a mean bone on her body!" Haha! That made me laugh! Ma sure knows how to make people feel at ease.

Anyways, I am now preparing pieces for Anne and I'm super excited to show it to her! Life is good! I love my job! And I love you guys! Wish me luck!

I, Ken

2 comments:

  1. Hi Ken, kamusta na yung Anne headpiece? Can i still order?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! How much for the Anna and Dahlia headpieces? :) Btw, goodluck on your future endeavors! I'm quite positive Matthew and Melka would continue to be bigger and better. :)

    ReplyDelete